Psycho Attack!!!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I had a really funny adventure yesterday!! Here's what happened...

I was in Orchard yesterday walking around to kill some time before I went home. Its one of those times where you come out early in the day for a while then feel sian to go home cos its so early, so must walk walk a bit jus for the sake of it. So I had some lunch and I decided to go to the Wisma basement toilet to wash my mouth, cos when you have braces on, eating is just such a chore with the food getting stuck in your teeth. This was when my day became so much more fun than I expected it to be...

I went into the toilet and was trying to get this small bit of lunch out from between my teeth. There was this guy beside me who was washing his hands. He was middle-aged, chubby, and Chinaman looking. Then as I was looking into the mirror at my teeth, I saw him giving me a weird look. But I thought he was wondering what I was doing with my teeth, so I thought nothing about it. Then he went into one of the cubicles. Sounded like he was taking some toilet paper or smtg. Oh there were other people in the toilet as well. Then he came back to the sink area and washed his hands again, and again giving me a look. Then, he went to the urinals behind. I was thinking to myself, "why the hell does anyone wash his hands twice before he pees?!". I mean, wash once, ok la, maybe he just ate so his hands dirty then din wanna dirty his ****, but then, wash twice!? Ok maybe his hands were REALLY dirty.

So I was still trying to get this stubborn piece of bread out from between my teeth. Then he emerged from the urinal area and came and wash his hands again. I was expecting him to go off after that, but...he didn't! Instead, he went back to one of the cubicles again. At the same time, I was done with me teeth, so I walked over to the cubicles to pee, then as I approached an empty one, the dude saw me and he went back into the cubicle. So as I peed, I decided that he was one of the tee ko uncles who stick around the guys toilets to check out the guys. Yes, there are such perverts in the guys' toilets. Seen many before. How do I know? Well, if an uncle stands at the urinal for damn long and when you go beside him, he doesn't follow the urinal rule of "look straight ahead only" and he looks in your direction and down. Then, sometimes, you might notice some excessive movement.

Ok, so I come out of the cubicle, wash my hands and didn't bother about the tee ko Chinaman since I was going to go. So I left. As I walked past the Wisma Giordano, I happened to turn around to look behind, then I saw the Tee Ko Chinaman (from now on shall be just called TKC) coming out from the toilet. So, I just continued walking on and decided to head upstairs to maybe check out Topshop. So when I went up one level, walked by the Sistic counter, and began up the next escalator, I saw TKC again. I just thought, "typical Chinaman face". Then I continued up the escalator and turned right towards Topshop. (ok, i am gonna be really detailed in my walking path, and I am expecting everyone to be familiar with town that you can picture what I'm talking about.)

Then I just walked slowly, somehow, half expecting to see the TKC behind me. As I approached the bend at the entrance of Topshop, I stole a glance to the rear. I saw TKC! He stopped and seemed to pretend to be looking at the shop just after the escalator. Then I thought to myself, "SHIT, he's following me! Cos he definitely looked like he saw me turn to look and he stopped in his tracks and pretended to be looking at stuff at the shop in front of him. But, if you know Wisma well enough, what do you see when you walk from the escalator to Topshop? On the right, its a woman's boutique, and the leftside in front of you, its the new lingerie shop. So why the hell was he stopping to look into a shop that's not for guys!?

So I contemplated going into Topshop to see if he followed me in, but I decided to give it a miss and walk on and make a "U-turn" back to the escalator. Then as I reached the escalator, TKC wasn't there anymore. Then I looked behind me, I saw TKC walking past Topshop and coming in my direction! Ha. Seems like I outsmarted him. So obviously he was following me. Why would anyone walk one big round for nothing. He definitely didn't look like someone who would shop in Topshop (he wore white polo tee and jeans, tucked in). So I went up the escalator. As I reached the top, I turned right at the Nike shop and looked down the escalator. TKC was coming up too! So I decided to go into Flash and Splash. I went in, went to the sandals section where there the glass panels were not obstructed, and waited. TKC walked by. He seemed to notice me inside. He carried on walking.

So I spent a few minutes inside, just "browsing" around. Then I made my exit, looked around, TKC was not in sight. So I thought maybe he gave up cos he might have realised that I knew he was following me. TKC seemed experienced in tailing people. He kept a very good distance from his target. So I thought, ok that's the end. I walked towards Isetan, then I saw the toilet and decided to go give my mouth another rinse. So I rinsed my mouth, took about 3 minutes or so. Then as I was about to walk out, TKC WALKED IN!!!!!!!

From then on, it was 100% obvious he was following me. Who the hell goes to the toilet 2 times in 5 minutes (besides me of course, but I was rinsing my mouth). As he walked past me, he gave me a look again. And the thing is, the kinda look he gives is not the tee-ko look, or psychotic look, or perverted look. Its just a look. Dunno how to describe it.

So I walked out of the toilet, walked past coffee club express, past tannlines, past the lift, then I turned back and I saw TKC. Obviously he didn't go to the toilet to pee cos he was out so fast. Then I went down the escalator. As I went down, I looked from the corner of my eye, and I saw him standing at the lift, pretending to wait for the lift, but he was looking in my direction. Smart guy I must say. Totally like a pro stalker. But, I was smarter. Ha.

So I got down to level 1 from level 3. I got off the escalator turned to the Sistic counter and I saw the lift coming down. As you know, Wisma has glass lifts. So I looked and I didn't see TKC. SO I knew he was definitely gonna come down by the escalators, since he was following me. Then suddenly, I had a thought, why not I take a photo of him?! And the best time would be to catch him on the escalator as he was coming down! So I whipped out my handphone, waited a few seconds, then I went back up the escalator. Just nice, TKC was coming down. I held my handphone up, trying hard to pretend I was smsing. But, TKC seemed to know what I was thinking. He then turned and face the other direction! Meaning, he was going down, I was going up, he turned such that his back faced me and he was kinda like shielding his face from me. I was like "SHIT!" then as I went by him, I tried to take his face, but he turned as he went by me and faced the front! DAMMIT!

So this is all I got of him!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Highly irritated that I couldn't get a good shot, I was determined to get another! Haha. So I hurried back down the escalator. I saw TKC taking a few looks to his rear, obviously trying to see where I was, and he looked worried. And he walked briskly in the direction of Isetan, past G2000. So I saw him, and now it was time for me to turn the tables and give him his own medicine. Now I was the PREDATOR, and TKC was the prey. Muahahahaha.

So I hurried along, following him at a distance. TKC was smart too. Once he reached Isetan he continued on and didn't go in, making that "U-turn" like I did at Topshop. Then as I came out from the bend, he saw me and he walked on. Great, now he knew I was following him. Haha. But who cares! So I followed. He went down to the basement and walked towards Taka. I followed, and I could see him easily from a distance. He was relatively tall, and so happened, it wasn't a white day for people. In the crowd, his white polo tee stands out. Also, I am tall. Hahaha.

So walked quickly along the Wisma underpass to Taka, trying not to lose sight of him (he was surprisingly cool, didn't run, just walked briskly). Then, I was stopped in my tracks! I met Gerald, AC friend and we talked for a minute. Then when we said our byes, I looked ahead and he was gone! I ran forward and decided to try the route up to Levis instead of down to Mos Burger area. Heng ah! I saw the white polo tee again. This time he was in front of British India. Looked like he was half checking to see where I was, and deciding which way to go. Not sure if he knows his way around Taka, seemed like he didn't. Ha. So he decided to go up another level. He went to the escalators at Guess. The way up was from Zara, so as he made his way to the far side at Zara, I waited at the near side along the railings. Stood at the corner and waited, handphone in hand. Then he went up the escalator, looking around. Think he didn't see me. So I got this shot, though not close up again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Seemed like he was looking to see if I followed behind him. I took this picture, and ran to the escalator to follow him up. When I got up to the escalator landing, I looked around, and saw him walking towards the Taka departmental store/Hugo boss area. So I followed. Then he turned left suddenly and exited the building! I looked through the glass door and saw him walking along the outside of the building. So another thought came to my mind. I ran forward on the inside of the building to the next entrance. All Taka entrances are glass doors as you all know. So I got my phone ready as I ran to the next entrance, wanting to picture him as he walked past the door. But as I reached the door, he too, turned to walk back in. I got a shock when I turned and saw him then I couldn't pull off a shot. SHIT.

He saw me, and gave me a worried look, then he hurried to the central escalators at Hugo Boss and went up. I followed. I wanted his mug shot bad.

Again, as I was going up the escalator, I saw an NTU friend going down the otherside and I said my hellos and all. Then when I turned back, I couldn't find TKC. Didn't know if he went into Takashimaya or he turned the other direction. I decided that unless he ran, I would be able to see him if he went into Takashimaya. So I turned the otherway and didn't see him around Tiffany's either. So I looked outside at the taxi stand place. I saw him walking away. Fast! And he was checking his back frantically.

So I went out, took my phone and took a picture. Too far!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So I zoomed, but, too blur!!! So I deleted the picture and tried again.

But then this time, he crossed the road...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


then I thought to myself, "aiya, no air-con, so hot. don't want to chase already la."

So I didn't go after him.

That's the end of my little adventure. And this is for real! I didn't just randomly take a few photos of this guy to cook up a story. Though the pictures look like it. Ha. Hope I see him again. This time, I won't let him off so easily. Hehe.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com