Return of the Mingmong

Friday, July 08, 2005

Its been 12 hours since I touched down and I am still awake. Time now - 5:40 am. My body time - 10:40pm. Still feel damn awake and I just had my "dinner". But somehow, I don't feel the need to quickly change my body clock to the Singapore time since I am looking forward to some late night mahjong soon. Also, I am not working (yet), so I have all the time to nua (sorry to those who have already started work. heh.).

Anyway, the flight back was a long one. About 18 hours of it from Portugal with a transit in London. In all the British Airways flights I took this trip (4 of them), I experienced turbulence. On the way to London, the plane suddenly dropped for a moment, like a roller coaster where your insides feel the drop. This wasn't the worst one I experienced though. The first and worst time was just last year on a Qantas flight to Australia. The plane dropped suddenly while everyone was eating, and the trays almost fell to the ground. On the flight home yesterday, the plane kept shaking left and right once every hour, and sometimes went up and down. Terrible. Is it BA/Qantas that's the problem? I've been flying BA/Qantas for the past 3 years and continue to do so cos I have my frequent flyer miles. But seems like I might have to reconsider changing to SIA. SIA has SIA girls to beo (though I doubt there would be any stunners, but at least better than the male stewards and lao chios on BA), SIA's movies can start anytime you want while BA/Qanta's movies run in fixed cycles, and SIA hasn't crashed before (less Silkair). Maybe the next flight I take I'll try SIA.

Before I boarded the plane, I heard that London won and they're gonna host the 2012 Olympics. Not too much of a surprise even though Paris was supposed to be the favourite. When I touched down in Singapore, I heard that London got bombed. What a sudden turn of events after a plane ride! One moment I expect London to be celebrating their "Waterloo" over the French and how I wish I could have been there to soak up the atmosphere, the next moment I was so thankful it wasn't Heathrow that they bombed cos I had a transit there. The first thing I thought of when I heard about the bombing was that it was because they won the Olympic bid. Terrorists trying to dampen their celebrations or the mafias lost money in underground bets on Paris and were angry so they bombed their public transport system. Seems like a lot of big news involving the UK in just 1 day. Their IOC victory, G8 summit in Gleneagles, the shocking G8 transfer to Chelsea (Steven Gerrard, his jersey is 8) which of course has now broken down, then the bombing.

Anyway, I was reading the UK papers in the airport and this picture was plastered on BOTH The Daily Telegraph and the Daily Mail.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I saw it, I told Alex that David Beckham came down to Singapore. Then after he took a look at the picture, he said, "look at all the sua kus behind taking photos". I took the papers and looked carefully, and oh man, almost every person behind David Beckham in the background were girls and they were all giggling, smiling and had their cameras out trying to take even the back of his head. I mean its understandable for fans to take photos like at the airport or when he's on the streets and all. But that picture was taken during some convention and the dudes beside Beckham were all trying to look serious, but behind all the young gals were going crazy. A bit the extreme la. Take picture also take the face mah, back of the head also so gian. Only "Du Shen" (God of Gamblers) has the back of his head taken in pictures.

Anyway, its nice to be back, though I wouldn't mind extending my trip. But now there're things to be done back home. Need to settle work stuff, re-arrange my room, convocation, getting everything in order for the next phase in life : working, and trying to squeeze in a couple more short trips before I start work, heh. Oh, I need to catch up on all the movies i missed too! Anyone wanna date me to the movies? heh.

Got my pictures all into the comp but I'll blog about the trip tomorrow or smtg.

Worst thing about Singapore : the weather.






Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com