Redang

Friday, July 22, 2005

Just got back from a dive trip to Redang last night. Redang is definitely a better place to dive than Tioman. The visibility was very good, at least 12-15 metres at times, and there are loads to see. I saw more stuff in a single dive than the 7 dives I had in Tioman. In the first dive alone, the moment I descended into the water, the dive master pointed out a black-tip shark to us.

The trip was fun apart from the diving. We talked crap, relaxed by the beach, played cards (and I realised that Hearts is actually a damn fun game), sang karoke (since its free) and slept (my favourite pasttime). The food was edible, but since its free, I shan't complain, and since there wasn't any other alternative source of food (unless I go fishing) I had no choice. We stayed at Redang Kalong Resort. Not too bad, but nothing compared to the reknown Laguna Resort where Xia Ri Mo Mo Cha was filmed. Huijing and gang arrived there 1 day after me, and I walked over to check it out. The beach was somehow nicer than the one outside my room, even though it was jus the beach next to ours. Pay more, get more I suppose.

The only downside of the trip was the bus ride up and down. 10 hours there, 12 hours back. The ride there was overnight, and I was expecting to sleep my way through it, only to find that it was impossible. The bus had the most screwed up suspension. Each time I find myself slipping into a slumber, I would be jolted out of my sleep by a bump, or I would just find myself airborne for half a second. The way back was just as bad, but I think I was too shacked out that I KO-ed the moment the bus moved off. Slept quite soundly despite being in oscillatory mode. Some kid in front of me puked halfway too. Sian 1/2. The funny thing is, both buses were different. Conclusion? Never take buses from Enjoy (the bus company). Enjoy? Enjoy what? Maybe they should rename their company, call themselves "Suffer", maybe.

Also, the sea got the better of me this time. We took a small little speed boat out to the dive sites and each time I got out of the water from the dive, climbed up the boat, my stomach would give way and I would feed the fishes. The waters were quite choppy and with the boat anchored, it would just sway side-to-side, and a small boat makes it worse.

Anyway, some pictures to show the beauties of the underwater world.

First of all... Me. Ha.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Alright, kidding. Here's Josh and I fooling around.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Upclose shot of a sea anemone

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And the Nemos found in it. They're apparently very friendly...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


A Moray Eel. It bites.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Met my childhood sweetheart, Ariel,

and her friend Sebastian too...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


A huge school of fish (not decide whether they are fusiliers or snappers) which we swam beside. Found quite a few hundred of them hanging around the reef, so we swam behind/beside them, like herding sheep.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


A huge turtle. Find them amazingly cute...despite their age.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


See...so cute!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And many, many more...just don't want a picture overload cos I noticed my blog is becoming more like a picture book, especially with my heavy picture posts of Europe coming up.

Once again, whatever I typed disappeared because of a blackout in the house. I was just about to hit the publish button when the lights just went out. Sian half.

Off for a jog with my sis. Bet she's gonna whip my ass at it.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com